Saturday, November 6, 2010

Dodged a Bullet

Hey all,

As promised - I'm writing to let you all know that I'm safe and sound on the other side of the storm. In reality, Tomas brought a lot of rain, but not nearly as much as was predicted for Port-au-Prince. Certain parts of the country, specifically the southwest, were hit much harder - but luckily those areas are much less heavily populated than the capitol.

Working at the Embassy through the storm was a fun/interesting experience - if quiet. I spent most of the day surfing the net and eating Halloween oreos. However, lessons learned from the earthquake - it's much, much better to be safe than sorry.

Alright, I'm off to start the weekend routine. A fun update coming this weekend, I promise!

3 comments:

  1. I just found your blog today and have added a link to you to my FS blogroll at http://lifeafterjerusalem.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Didn't know you were in Haiti - good for all of us! I was there in 2005 & found the people to be wonderful. Glad you came thru the storm safely!

    ReplyDelete